There’s a new offer available for the Chase Freedom Unlimited card. You will receive a $300 bonus when you spend $500 within three months. That’s twice the usual bonus. We’ve seen these offers before, but they’re only available through pre-approved offers in branch.
Chase Freedom Unlimited Sign-up Bonus
- EARN A $300 BONUS after you spend $500 on purchases in your first 3 months from account opening.
- EARN A $25 BONUS when you add your first authorized user and make your first purchase within this same 3-month period.
This product is not available to either (i) current cardmembers of this credit card, or (ii) previous cardmembers of this credit card who received a new cardmember bonus for this credit card within the last 24 months.
This card falls under Chase’s 5/24 rule but if you have a pre-approved offer in branch you should be able to bypass it.
Chase Freedom Unlimited actually earns UR points so the bonus might be even more valuable than $325 as 32,500 Ultimate Rewards points. Freedom Unlimited must be accompanied but a UR card such as Sapphire Preferred or Ink Plus so you can transfer cash back to UR points. That’s easily worth over $500 for most people.
If you recently applied for this card for the lesser $150+$25 bonus, then it might be worth a shot at asking to be matched for this better offer. Chase is usually pretty good at matching offers, but this is a targeted offer so it might be more challenging. You have a better shot at being matched if you applied in branch.
- Apply In Branch With Pre-Approved Offer
- $300 bonus after $500 spend within first 3 months
- $25 bonus after adding authorized user and making one purchase within 3 months
- 0% intro APR for 15 months
- Unlimited 1.5% cash back (UR) on any purchase
- No Annual Fee