Southwest has two new targeted offers for the Southwest Rapid Rewards Plus Credit Card. The two offers are similar and both expire. If you were targeted you should have received an email earlier today.
50K Points + $100 Statement Credit Offer
Earn 50,000 points after you spend $2,000 on purchases in the first 3 months of opening your account. Plus get a $100 statement credit after your first purchase with the Rapid Rewards® Plus Credit Card.
60K Points Offer
Earn 60,000 points after you spend $2,000 on purchases in the first 3 months of opening your account.
- Targeted offers. Must have received email to be eligible.
- $69 annual fee applied to first billing statement.
- Earn 2 Points per $1 spent on Southwest Airlines flights and Hotel & Car Rental partners
- 1 Point per $1 Spent on all other purchases
- 3,000 anniversary points after your Cardmember anniversary
I was targeted for the first offer for 50K points and a $100 statement credit, but the second offer is probably the best one here, since points are worth more than 1 cent a piece. This card fall within the Chase 5/24 rule, so I am out of luck and won’t be applying.
These points count towards Southwest Companion Pass, so if you are targeted and are able to get past 5/25, this could be a good opportunity.