The MERRILL + Visa Signature Credit Card had a great sign up bonus available online but it ended back on March 3rd. This offer would give you 50,000 points after $3,000 in spend within the first 90 days. The points are worth anywhere between $500 and $1,000 depending on the redemption. The card has no fee, which makes this bonus even better.
Besides the sign up bonus, is doesn’t make much sense to keep this card in your wallet since it only earns one points per dollar. If maximized (how to redeem points), that could be 2% back, but you could have guaranteed return of 2% or more with other cards.
How To Apply & What’s The Current Bonus
As mentioned above, the online applications are no longer working. The offer is gone and you can’t even apply for the card without a bonus. But the bonus is apparently still available and you can apply by phone at 866-751-1257.
However there’s some issues with applying by phone, besides being time consuming. Some people are being told that the offer is still the same, 50K points after $3,000 spend, while others have been told that the bonus is now 25K points after $2,500 spend.
The problem is that even those who were told that the bonus is 50K, have received only a 25K bonus. That’s till a decent bonus, but definitely not as good.
If you do apply by phone, make sure you keep records of the offer you were told, along with the agent’s name/ID and the reference number for the call, so you have something to fall back on if they don’t honor the 50K bonus. But be prepared for the fact that the current bonus could very well be only 25K.
- Apply by phone (866-751-1257)
- 50,000 points after $3,000 in spend within the first 90 days OR
- 25,000 points after $2,500 in spend within the first 90 days
- Earn 1 point per dollar on all purchases
- Spend $50,000 or more a year in purchases and receive your choice of a
- $200 Travel Credit that can be used on travel incidentals OR
- Complimentary Executive Delta Sky Club membership ($695 value)
- No Foreign Transaction Fees
- No Annual Fee