Citi has two different checking account sign up bonuses that can net you up to $500 but require large deposits. There’s one bonus for $500 that requires a balance of $50,000 for 60 days and another for $300 that requires a balance of $15,000 for 30 days and a direct deposit. Both accounts also come with monthly fees, so you have to deduct that from your bonus, along with interest that you’ll be losing out on the balances.
To be eligible for this offer, you must not currently have a consumer checking account with Citibank or have been a signer on or owner of a Citibank consumer checking account in the last 60 days.
Keep in mind that Citi is not the easiest bank to deal with when it comes to checking account bonuses.
Here’s the offer page and the details below.
$500 Cash Bonus Offer
- To qualify to earn a $500 cash bonus, you must open a new eligible consumer checking account in The Citi Priority Account Package between 1/1/17 – 4/14/17.
- Within thirty (30) days of Account opening you must complete the following:
- Make a qualifying deposit of $50,000 or more in new-to-Citibank funds into the new checking Account or your new or existing Citibank Savings Plus or Citi Savings Account, and maintain a minimum balance of $50,000 for sixty (60) consecutive calendar days following the date you made your qualifying deposit.
- Enroll your new checking account in Paperless Statements.
Except for the first two months after opening your new Citi Priority account or converting to Citi Priority, you will be charged a $30 monthly service fee if you do not maintain the required $50,000 in combined average monthly balances in eligible linked deposit, retirement and investment accounts.
$300 Cash Bonus Offer
- To qualify for a $300 cash bonus, open a new eligible consumer checking account in The Citibank Account Package by 4/14/2017.
- Within 45 days after account opening, make a qualifying deposit of $15,000 or more in new-to-Citibank funds into the new checking account or your new or existing Citibank Savings Plus Account or Citi Savings Account and maintain a minimum balance of $15,000 for 30 consecutive calendar days following the date you made your qualifying deposit.
- Within 45 days after account opening, complete 1 qualifying Direct Deposit to your checking account or make 1 or more qualifying purchase transactions with your Citibank Debit Card totaling $250.
A monthly service fee of $25 applies to the checking account in The Citibank Account Package and a $2.50 non-Citibank ATM withdrawal fee if combined average monthly balance requirements are not maintained.