What’s This Settlement About
The lawsuit alleges that Quorn failed to adequately disclose that the “Mycoprotein” used in its products is a mold (member of the fungi family).. Plaintiff further alleges the following statement on the labels of Quorn’s products is false and misleading: “Quorn [products] are made with mycoprotein (“myco” is Greek for “fungi”) and are completely meatless and soy-free. There are believed to be over 600,000 varieties of fungi in the world, many of which are among the most sought after foods like varieties of mushroom, truffles, and morels.” Plaintiff contends this statement misleadingly suggests that Quorn Products are made from mushrooms, truffles or morels, as opposed to mold.
The Settlement Class includes all persons in the United States who purchased Quorn Products in the United States for personal or household consumption (and not for resale) during the time-period January 26, 2012 through December 14, 2016.
Excluded from the Settlement Class are:
- Quorn, its related entities, parent companies, subsidiaries, and affiliates, and their respective officers, directors, and employees;
- All persons claiming to be subrogated to the rights of Class Members;
- Individuals and /or entities who validly and timely opt-out of the Settlement;
- Individual who previously have released their claims against Quorn;
- Individuals who assert claims for personal injuries arising from their purchase and consumption of Quorn Products; and
- Any judge to whom this matter is assigned, and his or her immediate family (spouse, domestic partner, or children).
What Products Are Included?
All Quorn products sold in the United States. For a full list of eligible Quorn Products in the Settlement, please visit the Settlement Website, www.QuornFoodsSettlement.com.
Quorn products are sold in lots of major chains nationwide, so most likely you have purchased their products if you often purchase vegan foods.
How Much Do I Get?
Settlement Class Members who timely submit valid Claim Forms are entitled to receive a cash payment as part of the Settlement.
- If You Have A Receipt That Shows You Purchased A Quorn Product: Settlement Class Members who have itemized receipts for their purchases of Quorn Products during the Class Period can receive a full 100% refund of the actual amount paid for their Quorn Products as reflected on the receipt, with no limit on the total amount of the refunds that may be claimed.
- If You Do Not Have A Receipt: Settlement Class Members who do not have receipts for their purchases of Quorn products can receive up to $200.00 in refunds by submitting a credit or debit card statement, or non-itemized receipt, showing charges at a store where Quorn Products were sold during the Class Period. Under this option, you must submit a Claim Form, identify the months in which you made Quorn Product purchases, and attest under penalty of perjury that the information you are providing is true and correct to the best of your knowledge. You will get $5.00 for each month in which you submit a credit or debit card statement, or non-itemized receipt, showing you made purchases at a store where Quorn Product were sold, up to a total of $40.00 per year for each year of 5-year Class Period, for a total of $200.00.
You must submit a claim by 06/01/2017.
Do Not Submit False Claims
Please do not submit fraudulent claims for these settlement rebates. It takes money away from those who deserve a reimbursement, and furthermore it is illegal. You’re usually required to acknowledge something along these lines:
I certify under penalty of perjury under the laws of the United States that all of the information provided on this Claim Form is true and correct to the best of my knowledge.
- File claim here
- Rebate: Up to $200, or more in store credit
- Proof of Purchase Required: Yes, receipt or card statements
- Settlement Pool: $126,000,000
- Deadline: 06/01/2017
- Read Settlement Details Here