Amex is sending out some targeted offers for the Amex Business Platinum card with up to a 150,000 Membership Rewards bonus. The offer that was reported on reddit, comes with a hefty spend requirement, $15,000 if you’re going for the whole 150K bonus. This matches the highest eve offer on the card.
You can earn up to 150,000 Membership Rewards points:
- Earn 100,000 MR points after you spend $5,000 within 3 months
- Earn an extra 50,000 MR points after you spend an extra $10,000 within same period
Welcome bonus offer not available to applicants who have or have had this product.
With such a hefty $450 annual fee, not waived, the question is always whether the card is worth it. I’d say yes it is. You receive a $200 airline fee credit each calendar year, so I received the credit once in December and again in January which almost offset all of the annual fee. Beyond the first year, it becomes harder to justify the $450 cost though even with the enhancements. You can get a 2 cents/point value with the 50% bonus, that might be useful to some.
If you travel often, then it makes more sense to keep the card long term. You complimentary access to over 1,000+ airport lounges across 120 countries. The card has no foreign transaction fees.
This is the best ever offer and if you were targeted you should definitely go for it. If you’re not, then this will be somewhat of a reassurance that these offers are still being sent out. So keep your hopes up.
Make sure that you have the means to spend $15,000 in three months. That’s no easy feat if you don’t have a lot of business related spending. Also be aware that Amex clawed back points from many people who MSed on the last 100K offer on the personal Platinum card. So I would try to do mostly organic spend on this offer to play it safe.
- Earn 100,000 MR points after you spend $5,000 in 3 months
- Earn an extra 50,000 MR points after you spend an additional $10,000 in 3 months
- $200 annual airline fee credit on selected airline
- Earn 1.5x MR points per dollar on qualifying purchases of $5,000 or more
- Earn 1x MR point on all other purchases
- 2x points for each dollar of eligible purchases made when you book on the American Express Travel website
- 50% bak in points when redeemed for flights on selected airline or first/business class on any airline
- Fee credit for Global Entry or TSA Precheck
- Complimentary access to over 1,000+ airport lounges across 120 countries
- No foreign transaction fees
- $450 annual fee (not waived)