American Express is offering a different kind of a sign up bonus for their Blue Cash Preferred card, with 10% cash back at restaurants, up to $200 total. On top of that you’ll also get either $150 or $250 signup bonus, with the latter being targeted.
This is the offer:
- EARN $250 BACK (or $150) after you spend $1,000 in purchases on the Card within the first 3 months of Card Membership.
- PLUS, when you apply by 05/03/17 earn 10% back at U.S. Restaurants on the Card within the first 6 months of Card Membership, up to $200 back.
I’m seeing the better offer on this card also, but if you don’t you could try incognito, VPN, Chinese method or mobile. If it doesn’t work, then you’ll just see the standard new offer that only has a $150 bonus, instead of $250 for the first part.
This card has a $95 annual fee, but Blue Cash Everyday also has the same offer.
Once Per Lifetime Rule
Keep in mind that you can only receive Amex card bonuses once per lifetime, so if you have or have had the card in the past, you are not eligible to receive the bonus. If you’re not sure if you’ve had the card, here’s how to check what Amex cards you’ve had in the past.
- Apply Here (direct link)
- Expiration Date: 05/03/17
- $150/$250 bonus after you spend $1,000 in purchases within the first 3 months
- 10% back on purchases at Amazon.com on the Card within the first 6 months of Card Membership, up to $200
- 6% Cash Back at U.S. supermarkets up to $6,000 per year in purchases (then 1%)
- 3% Cash Back at U.S. gas stations and select U.S. department stores
- 1% Cash Back on other purchases
- 0% intro APR on purchases for 12 months
- $95 Annual Fee