There’s a new offer for the Amex Platinum Card. You will receive 75,000 Membership Rewards after you use your new Card to make $5,000 in purchases in your first 3 months.
This offer is far from the highest ever 150K, and also inferior to the more recent 100K offers.
The card comes with a hefty $450 annual fee which isn’t waived for the first year, but can be offset almost entirely. You receive a $200 airline fee credit each calendar year, so you can receive the credit twice while paying one annual fee. But even beyond the first year, you could justify the $450 cost if you fly a lot since it also earns 5x on airfare now.
Keep in mind that you can only receive bonuses on Amex cards once per lifetime, so if you already received a bonus for this card, or even had the card without receiving a bonus, you’re not eligible. If you’re not sure if you’ve had the card, read How To Check What Amex Cards You’ve Had In The Past.
This is a public offer available to everyone, so there shouldn’t be any mass clawbacks like we’ve seen happen when applying through leaked links. But you should still be careful and try to get the bonus through organic spend if possible, and only use MS as last resort.
Although we haven’t really seen any data points of Amex clawing back points when people MS after applying for a public link, with the increased scrutiny we’ve in recent months, it’s better to be safe than sorry.
It’s also best to have a clean, MS free record with Amex. In the post Amex MR Clawbacks, Warning Against Applying Through Leaked Links, I wrote about clawbacks happening even when you don’t MS for your current bonus, but have done so in the past.
Ans last but not least, by sticking to the rules, you always have the last resort option of filing a complaint with the CFPB, assuming it’s still around. If you have organic spend, you shouldn’t have any problems.
75K AMEX Platinum Card Offer Details
- Apply Here
- Earn 75,000 Membership Rewards points after you spend $5,000 on eligible purchases within the first 3 months of card membership
- $200 airline fee credit: select a qualifying airline and then receive up to $200 per calendar year in statement credits when incidental fees, such as checked bags and in-flight refreshments, are charged to your Business Platinum card
- 5X points for flights booked directly with airlines or with American Express Travel
- Fee credit for Global Entry or TSA Precheck: Receive one Global Entry ($100) statement credit or one TSA Precheck ($85) statement credit
- Access to over 1,000 airport lounges, including The Centurion lounge‡, Delta Sky Clubs and Airspace Lounges
- Book two consecutive nights through Amex Travel and receive a room upgrade, if available, and a $75 hotel credit
- $450 annual fee (not waived)