The Marriott Rewards Premier credit card has a new public offer where you can earn up to 150,000 Bonus Points. You will earn 5 points per $1 spent on all purchases within your first year up to $30,000 with the Marriott Rewards Premier Credit Card. You’ll receive an extra 7,500 bonus points for adding an authorized user and making a purchase. Annual fee of $85 is also waived the first year.
While the offer give you plenty of time to reach the minimum spend requirement, it also has an absurdly high spending requirement, if you want to get the maximum bonus.
Is this better than 80K Bonus?
The normal public offer for this card gives a 80,000 points bonus after you make purchases totaling $3,000 or more during the first 3 months from account opening plus you’ll receive an extra 7,500 bonus points for adding an authorized user and making a purchase within the same period. You have to pay annual fee with that offer.
That means that with this offer you’re spending $27,000 more to get the extra 70,000 points and $85.
But what if you spend that $27K on a Amex SPG card? Yes, it only earns one Starpoint per dollar, but since you can transfer SPG points 1:3 to Marriott, that spending will give you 81K points. Definitely better.
- Apply Here
- Receive up to 150,000 bonus points if you spend $30,000 in first year (5x per dollar)
- Receive 7,500 bonus points when you add the first authorized user and make a purchase in the first 3 months
- Receive a one-night stay every year at a Category 1-5 after account anniversary
- $0 foreign transaction fees
- $85 Annual Fee (waived first year)