Here’s (what’s supposed to be) a weekly round up of posts for Week 5 of 2017. Usually every Thursday/Friday I put together a collection of news, deals and other stuff that caught my attention in the last few days. I either don’t have the expertise, or was too lazy to write about them. Or maybe they’re just fun reads and not really travel/credit cards/deals related. I’ll add more posts to it during the day if I find anything else that I think will interest you, so check back.
- The Rise of Bank Points by Saverocity Travel – A detailed post explainign how bank points have become more valued currency lately. I usually prefer bank points myself, mainly because they’re more straightforward to use. I’m not the best at airfare redemptions.
- I’m Using More Bank Points Than Airline Miles These Days by Oren’s Money Saver – Similar post as above
- Free $10 in Amazon Gift Cards with Coke Purchase & Freestyle App by DoC – I’m not sure how this works exactly, but $10 in Amazon gift cards for little effort seems like a good deal. I don’t really drink coke much, just maybe a Mexican coke every few months.
- Revealed: How American’s Co-Brand Credit Card Financials Work by View From the Wing – Interesting post on the numbers behind American Airlines’ new credit card deal with Barclaycard and Citibank.
- DEAL DEAD – The unicorn revealed…sorta by Miles per Day – Hints at a deal that is already dead but also a reminder that such deals exist even though it looks like the MS game is dying out. Check out local credit unions, you never know what gems you may find.
- What We Love/Hate about Disney World (Blogger vs. Blogger) by Miles for Family – I have been to Disney once I believe (maybe twice) and I don’t really plan to go back any time soon. But I guess you have to if you have kids.