Bank of America has brought back the $300 checking account bonus. This is a targeted promotion. The bonus is available to customers who receive a direct communication, and it usually goes to people who already have a relationship with Bank of America. You must be targeted in order to apply.
To check if you’re targeted, just log into your account online and in the Activity Center, click on Special Offers & Deals. You should see the offer there. If you do, then it is definitely worth it, as $300 checking bonuses are pretty rare.
To receive the $300 bonus, one must open a new Bank of America Core Checking OR Bank of America Interest Checking personal checking account by April 15, 2017 and receive Qualifying Direct Deposits equaling a total of $4000 or more in your new personal checking account within 90 days from account opening. The $300 bonus will be deposited within 60 days of meeting the requirements. There’s a limit of one per customer and as usual you’ll receive a 1099, so you’ll have to pay taxes on it.
As a reminder, this exclusive offer is only for select Bank of America customers who don’t already have a personal checking account at Bank of America and who received an email or direct communication from Bank of America.
- Promo Page (must be targeted)
- Account Type: Core Checking OR Interest Checking
- Availability: nationwide, Targeted
- Expiration Date: April 15, 2017
- Inquiry Type: Soft pull
- Direct Deposit Requirement: Direct Deposits equaling a total of $4000 within 90 days
- Monthly Fee: The $10.95 fee with Core Checking is waived with direct deposit, OR $1500 balance, or student under age of 23. To waive the Interest Checking $25 fee, you must have a combined balance of $25K or more.
- Closing Account Fee: No