The Amex SimplyCash Plus Business Card had a $500 sign up offer that expired yesterday. Now the bonus has been lowered to $400.The spending requirement is still $15,000 if you want to get the full bonus. We’ve seen targeted offers for as high as $1K bonus previously.
Even though the spending requirement is pretty high, you at least have a full year to complete it.
Here’s the offer:
- Earn a $200 statement credit after you spend $5,000 in qualifying purchases on your Card within the first 6 months of Card Membership
- Plus, earn an additional $200 statement credit after you spend an additional $10,000 or more in qualifying purchases on your Card within the first year of Card Membership
This card is similar to the Chase Ink cards but it doesn’t have an annual fee. Besides 5% cash back at U.S. office supply stores and on wireless telephone services it also comes with 3% cash back on the category of your choice from a list of eight. All other purchases earn 1%. 5% and 3% apply only to the first $50,000 in purchases per calendar year, then 1% applies thereafter. Cash back earned is automatically credited to your statement.
It is a charge card and a credit card in one. It allows you to buy above your credit limit and get cash back on those purchases too – with no overlimit fees. The amount above your credit limit is due in full each month as part of your minimum payment due. The amount you can spend above your credit limit is not unlimited. It adjusts with your use of the Card, your payment history, credit record etc.
As you can see the card is very similar to the Amex SimplyCash Business Card, but with double the limit on bonus categories. It is meant to be a competitor to the Chase Ink Plus card, but I think most people would value UR much more than 1 cent a piece.
Welcome bonus offer not available to applicants who have or have had this product, so you should probably wait till the $500 offer comes, if you didn’t apply.
- Apply Here (direct link)
- $200 statement credit after you spend $5,000 in qualifying purchases on your Card within the first 6 months
- $200 statement credit after you spend an additional $10,000 or more in qualifying purchases on your Card within the first year
- 3% cash back on one of the following categories
- Airfare purchased directly from airlines
- Hotel rooms purchased directly from hotels
- Car rentals purchased from select car rental companies
- U.S. gas stations
- U.S. restaurants
- U.S. purchases for advertising in select media
- U.S. purchases for shipping
- U.S. computer hardware, software, and cloud computing purchases made directly from select providers
- 1% cash back on other purchases
- No overlimit fees
- No Annual Fee