Barclaycard US, the payments business of Barclays in the United States, today announced that consumers can now apply for the AAdvantage Aviator Red World Elite Mastercard. The card is a bit different from the product that ex-US Airways cardholders have through a product change.
The card comes with a decent bonus and no spend requirement. You get 40,000 AA miles after a first purchase is made on the Account within ninety (90) days of account opening and the annual fee has been paid. The card has a $95 annual fee which is not waived (compared to $89 for the old Aviator Red card). The card gives you 10 percent of your redeemed AAdvantage miles back (10,000 miles maximum per calendar year) and the ability to earn $3,000 Elite Qualifying Dollars (EQDs) when you spend $25,000 each calendar year.
This one-time AAdvantage bonus mileage offer is valid for first-time cardmembers with new accounts only. Existing cardmembers, existing accounts, and previous cardmember with accounts closed in the past 24 months may not be eligible for this offer.
Other Aviator cards should become available for sign up in 2017.
- Apply Here (direct link)
- Earn 40,000 bonus points after you make your first purchase in the first 90 days and pay the $95 annual fee
- First checked bag free for the primary cardmember and up to four companions on eligible bags when traveling on domestic itineraries operated by American Airlines
- Earn $3,000 Elite Qualifying Dollars (EQDs) when you spend $25,000 each calendar year
- Earn 2X miles for every $1 spent on eligible American Airlines purchases
- Earn 1X miles for every $1 spent on all other purchases
- Group 1 boarding
- No foreign transaction fees when you make purchases outside the U.S.
- Receive 10 percent of your redeemed AAdvantage miles back (10,000 miles maximum per calendar year)
- Receive 25 percent in-flight savings on food, beverages and headsets
- $95 Annual fee