This bonus has been extended. Receive $300 when you open a KeyBank checking account before 12/09/16 and make one direct deposit of $500 or more within 60 days after account opening. You need to open a qualifying checking account using offer code EDGT1116. Qualifying accounts are; Key Express (this is the basic banking account in New York), Key Advantage, Key Privilege or Key Privilege Select Checking Account.
Direct deposit transactions are limited to payroll, Social Security, pension and government benefits, but almost any ACH from another bank will work. Personally I have used Capital One 360 to fulfill direct deposit requirement.
Offer not available to individuals who have had a KeyBank checking account in the last 12 months.
- Apply Now (for NYC enter a out of city zip code then change it later when entering your address)
- Account Type: Key Express Account
- Offer Code: EDGT1116
- Availability: AK, CO, CT, ID, IN, KY, ME, MI, NY, OH, OR, UT, VT, & WA.
- Expiration Date:
09/02/2016 10/07/2016 11/11/201612/09/16
- Hard Inquiry: Soft pull
- Opening Deposit Credit Card Funding: Yes, up to $100 in funding.
- Direct Deposit Requirement: $500 or more within 60 days
- Monthly Fee: $7 (waived with $500 in deposits or 8 transactions per statement cycle)
- Closing Account Fee: $25 if you close account within 180 days
$300 for a checking account is as good as it gets. You should definitely go for this one if you’re in one of the eligible states and you haven’t had an account in the last 12 months. Hassle-Free Checking doesn’t qualify for the offer this time around, so your best option is the Key Express Account which has a $7 monthly fee that’s easily waived if you make at least $500 in deposits or initiate eight transactions per statement cycle. Direct deposit requirement should be fulfilled with a simple $500 transfer from another bank such as Capital One 360.