You can now get something back when shopping on Amazon which hasn’t been possible for a while. Jetblue has added Amazon as a partner and you could earn Jetblue points on all your Amazon purchases.
There are 2 ways you can earn TrueBlue points for shopping on Amazon: When you are on a JetBlue flight and connect to Amazon through Fly-Fi, or by signing in to your TrueBlue account at trueblue.jetblue.com (this can be done anywhere) and clicking on your unique link. Either way, you will earn 3x TrueBlue points per every $1 spent. Shopping must be completed within 24h. Otherwise, you will need to start over the shopping process in order to earn TrueBlue points.
To find you link, log into your Jetblue account and click our partners in the menu on the left. You should se Amazon there and then proceed to shop through your own link. Or go straight here.
TrueBlue points should be credited to your TrueBlue account 60 days AFTER your purchase has been shipped.
What products are excluded from earning points?
- Any product or service sold on a site linked to from the Amazon Site (e.g., a product or service listed through our “Product Ads” program or sold on a site linked to from a banner ad, sponsored link, or other link displayed on the Amazon Site);
- Any wireless service plan offered through the Amazon Site and not sold or fulfilled by us;
- Any product, including games and other applications, sold through the Amazon Appstore for Android;
- Any product sold on fresh.amazon.com;
- Restaurant takeout;
- Any alcoholic beverage product;
- Any digital Kindle product purchased as a subscription (e.g., Kindle newspaper subscriptions, magazine subscriptions, blog subscriptions, etc.);
- Any free trial subscription