Bank of America has a great program for art lovers and everybody else for that matter. Through Museums on Us, Bank of America is able to provide its customers with free access to artistic and cultural experiences across the United States at some of the nation’s most celebrated cultural institutions ranging from art, children’s and history museums to aquariums and science centers. These museums usually have a fee, but Bank of America or Merrill Lynch credit or debit card holders are able to get in for free on the first full weekend of each month.
There’s a list of 150 participating cultural institutions nationwide. They are spread out in 98 cities in 32 states, so you’ll most likely be able to find something amazing nearby.
For free access simply present your Bank of America or Merrill Lynch credit or debit card along with a photo ID at any participating institution, the first full weekend (Saturday and Sunday) of each month. There’s one free admission per card holders, so no guests. Program excludes fundraising events, special exhibitions and ticketed shows. And it cannot be combined with other offers.
Participating New York City Museums
- Brooklyn Historical Society
- Cooper Hewitt, Smithsonian Design Museum
- Museum of Arts and Design
- Museum of the Moving Image
- Staten Island Museum
- Staten Island Zoological Society
- The Metropolitan Museum of Art – The Met Breuer
- The Metropolitan Museum of Art – The Met Cloisters
- The Metropolitan Museum of Art – The Met Fifth Avenue
- Whitney Museum of American Art