Sam’s Club Consumer MasterCard accounts opened October 1 – November 12, 2016, will earn double cashback rewards for each eligible transaction made during the first 90 days of opening their new account. Purchases must post to the account within 90 days of account opening to be eligible for double cash back rewards. Double cash back rewards will appear on your billing statement in the “Bonus” section.
The regular earning rates on the Sam’s Club MasterCard are 5% on gas, 3% on dinning and 1% on all other purchases. So, with this double cash back promo, you’ll be able to earn the following rates for the first 90 days:
- 10% cash back on gas at Sam’s Club (on first $6,000 per year in purchases)
- 6% for dining and travel purchases (excluding purchases at wholesale clubs other than Sam’s Club)
- 2% on all other purchases
The 10% cash back on gas part is obviously the best part of this promo. Even though it’s capped at $6,000 annually, you can still earn $600 cash back if you can manage to spend the max amount within three months. 6% on dining is also great for three months. The card has no annual fee and it also give you free Sam’s Club membership, so if you a have a location nearby it would make sense to keep the card long term.
Whether you should apply or not, it usually comes down to how much spend you can put in the card on those first 90 days and how much cash back you’ll be earning for this hard pull.
- Promo Page
- Earn Double Cash Back for first 90 days from account opening
- 5% (10% for 90 days) cash back on gas at Sam’s Club (on first $6,000 per year in purchases)
- 3% (6% for 90 days) for dining and travel purchases (excluding purchases at wholesale clubs other than Sam’s Club)
- 1% (2% for 90 days) on all other purchases
- Free Sam’s Club Membership
- No Annual Fee