Kroger is offering 4x fuel points for gift card purchases. The deal should be available on all third party gift cards, and possibly fixed-denomination Amex, Visa and MC gift cards. You’ll also get 4x fuel points on no-contract wireless handsets or airtime cards. See the ad here.
The normal rate is 2x, so this promo will double it. Always verify first if your location has the promo and use your Kroger card in order to receive the fuel points.
There’s no Kroger around me but this is a good option to save on gas if you have a location near you. Also this could get you free cell service. For every 100 fuel points you get a dollar cell service credit when you use Kroger’s phone service. DoC has has a good post on it.
- Available till 10/1/2016
- All gift cards usually qualify (fixed-denomination Visa/MC/Amex gift cards have mixed reviews)
- Must use your Kroger store card
How does the fuel program work
For each increment of 100 fuel points redeemed, 10¢ off per gallon will be awarded. The fuel program allows you to receive savings of up to $1 off per gallon on fuel purchases at Kroger and at participating Shell Stations. Program discount is good for one purchase of fuel, up to 35 gallons. At participating Shell Stations you can only use the maximum discount at a time, so if you have a 1000 fuel points, they will all be redeemed, you can’t use 500 now and 500 later.
Gift Card purchases count 2X (4x right now) toward your fuel points monthly balance, with the exception of Kroger and Kroger Family of Stores Gift Cards, Green Dot prepaid reloadable products, MoneyPaks, American Express Variable Load Gift Cards, Visa Variable Load Gift Cards, and MasterCard Variable Load Gift Cards.
There is no limit on the number of fuel points you can earn.
Your current fuel points balance is located at the bottom of your Kroger receipt.
How do I use my fuel points at a Kroger fuel pump?
To use your points at a Kroger fuel center, simply scan your Plus Card under the card scan or key in your Alt-Id on the key pad. After presenting form of payment, you will be prompted to how you would like your discount applied if you have more than 100 points in either this month’s balance or last month’s balance.
How does the process at the Shell pump work?
- If paying inside, see cashier BEFORE inserting your Kroger Plus Card.
- BEFORE you insert your payment card, follow the screen prompts to initiate the Kroger discount process.
- Insert your Kroger Plus Card, or manually enter your alternate ID or your Kroger Plus Card number found on the back of your Kroger Plus Card, your 1-2-3 REWARDS® Visa® Card or key fob.
- Select your form of payment and fuel grade.
- Save up to 10¢ off per gallon up to a maximum of 35 gallons of fuel on a single purchase. Credit and debit card fraud prevention policies may limit transactions at the dispenser.