The usual bonus for the Citi Prestige credit card is just $30,000 ThankYou points, but you can still get 50,000 bonus ThankYou Points after $5,000 in purchases made with your card in the first 3 months. The offer seems to be available in-branch and you could even get it with the lower annual fee of $350. The fee is normally $450 but it’s $100 less for CitiGold members. This however is rarely enforced and you could be able to get it for $350 even without being a CitiGold member.
The previous in-branch offer has a $3,000 spending requirement and there’s even been a 60,000 TYP offer previously. The public online offer right now is for 40,000 bonus points after making $4,000 in purchases within the first 3 months with an annual fee of $450.
The 50K TYP bonus that’s currently being offered is enough points to redeem an $800 flight on American Airlines, a $665 flight on any other airline or $500 in gift cards. You could even cash out points for 1 cents each. The card comes with a hefty annual fee of $350/$450, but you also receive $250 Statement Credit for Air Travel each year, which can be used twice while paying for only one annual fee.
Keep in mind that that for now the bonus ThankYou points are not available to you if you have had Citi Prestige card opened or closed in the past 24 months. This rule will be in effect till 8/27, when the new rule kicks in.
- Apply in-branch
- 50,000 bonus ThankYou Points after $5,000 in purchases made with your card in the first 3 months
- Earn 3x points on Air Travel and Hotels
- Earn2x points on Dining at Restaurants and Entertainment
- Earn 1x point on other purchases
- $250 Statement Credit for Air Travel each year
- Complimentary access to nearly 40 American Airlines Admirals Club lounges, plus hundreds of VIP lounges through Priority Pass Select
- Complimentary 4th night for any hotel stay
- No Foreign Transaction Fees on Purchases
- $100 Global Entry application fee credit
- Access to the MasterCard Airport Concierge service