Open a Wells Fargo checking account before September 1, 2016 and you can receive a bonus of $100 when you complete 10 debit card purchases within 60 days. Keep in mind that there’s another offer that you get from their ATM that could get you $150.
Only the Wells Fargo Everyday Checking account is eligible for the $100 bonus. You must open the account online with a minimum opening deposit of $25.
You do not qualify for the bonus if you have received any cash or cash-equivalent bonus through Wells Fargo consumer deposits in the past 12 months.
This is a decent offer, but Wells Fargo has had better deals in the past, up to $250 even, but those are a bit rare. It looks like this time around there’s no closing fee for the account and you can close it once you receive the bonus. You might want to keep it open though.
The good thing about having a Wells Fargo checking account, is that you can then apply for Wells Fargo credit cards. Even then, they’re a bit stingy with their approvals. I was declined more than a year ago for the Wells Fargo Cash Back Visa card. So I’ll give it another try now so I can get this $100 bonus plus 5% cash back for 6 months.
How to avoid fees
- 10 debit card purchases and/or payments each statement cycle OR
- $500 in qualifying direct deposits each statement cycle OR
- Maintain a minimum daily balance of $1,500 OR
- Linked to a Wells Fargo Campus ATM or Campus Debit Card
- Apply Here
- Account Type: Everyday Checking
- Availability: Nationwide
- Expiration Date: 9/1/2016
- Type of Inquiry: Soft pull
- Direct Deposit Requirement: No
- Other Requirements: $25 minimum opening deposit and 10 debit transactions within 60 days
- Credit Card Funding: Up to $50
- Monthly Fee: $10 but can be waived
- Closing Account Fee: None