The plaintiffs in this case are Andrea Katz and Joel Katz. They allege, on behalf of themselves and other similarly situated individuals, that they purchased and/or owned a Garmin Forerunner 610 watch, and that the watchband was defective. Plaintiffs allege that Garmin breached its contract, breached its warranties, and committed other violations of law by selling Forerunner 610 watches with allegedly defective wristbands.
If you purchased and/or owned a Garmin Forerunner 610 watch in the United States between April 2011 and July 2014 you are a member of the Settlement Class and can file a claim.
If you are a Class Member who has already purchased a replacement watchband to address the alleged design defect, then you are a member of Subclass 1. If you are a Class Member who paid to repair your watchband or watch as a result of the watchband detaching from the watch face, then you are a member of Subclass 2. Members of these Subclasses may be entitled to additional Settlement Benefits.
What you get
- All Class Members, regardless of whether they submit a Claim Form will receive an extension of the One-Year Consumer Limited Warranty
- Class Members may receive a repair or replacement of their watchband or watch at no cost
- Members of Subclass 1 and Subclass 2 may receive cash payments
- Members of Subclass 1 (those who purchased a replacement watchband) may be eligible for cash payments of either: (a) the actual cost of the replacement watchband if the replacement watchband was purchased from Garmin or an authorized Garmin retailer; or (b) up to $50 if the replacement watchband was purchased from a third party and it was not a Garmin manufactured watchband.
- Members of Subclass 2 (those who paid to repair the watchband or watch) may be eligible for cash payments of either: (a) the actual cost of the repair if done by Garmin; or (b) the actual cost of the repair up to $75 if repaired by a third party.
- File claim here
- Rebate: Up to $75
- Proof of Purchase Required: No
- Settlement Pool: Unknown
- Deadline: 09/28/2016
- Read Settlement Details Here