The Southwest Airlines Rapid Rewards Premier Card has a highest ever bonus available with 50,000 points after making $2,000 in purchases in 3 months and a $100 statement credit after your first purchase. Sadly this is a targeted bonus and I received it by email. It comes with an invitation code and the application link already fills in my information. Check you emails, hopefully you got it as well.
Just the 50,000 points bonus comes around often but this offer with the $100 statement is pretty rare. The card come with a $99 annual fee which is waived for the first year and will be charged to the card at the end of the first billing cycle. So with the statement credit that fee is taken care of and you come $5 ahead.
This is probably not the best time to go after the coveted Companion Pass anyway. To earn the Companion pass you need to earn 110,000 points in a calendar year and you’ll have that pass for until the end of the following calendar year. So it’s best to earn the points at the beginning of the year to have the pass for almost two full years.
Southwest Airlines Rapid Rewards Premier Card
- Earn 50,000 Points after you spend $2,000 on purchases in the first 3 months of opening your account
- $100 statement credit after your first purchase
- 6,000 Bonus Points after your Cardmember Anniversary
- Earn unlimited points that don’t expire
- 2 points per $1 spent on Southwest Airlines and Rapid Rewards Hotel and Car Rental Partner purchases
- 1 point per $1 spent on all other purchases
- No foreign transaction fees on purchases made abroad
- Free first and second checked bags