Here’s a round up of posts, news, deals and other stuff that caught my attention in the last few days. I either don’t have the expertise, or was too lazy to write about them. Or maybe they’re just fun reads and not really travel/credit cards/deals related. I’ll add more posts to it during the day if I find anything else that I think will interest you, so check back.
- Internal Chase Memo: Freedom Card 5% is here to Stay – There’s had been rumors that the old Freedom card or the rotating 5% quarterly bonuses might end soon. DoC confirms that this is not true.
- Sheradill: My New 90% Off Hotel Obsession (With a 20 Euro Credit to Start) – Great find by The Deal Mommy. You can complete certain tasks to get credits towards a stay and the savings really add up. Timing is key apparently.
- M life Rewards Mastercard From FNBO Review – Is It Worth Signing Up For? – Nice review by DoC. I don’t see much value in it but surely will be worth to some.
- Beware of downgrading to the non-MR $75 Amex Business Green card – Must read if you’re thinking of downgrading to Amex Business Green card. Apparently there’s a $95 AF MR version and a $75 AF non-MR version. Make sure you don’t downgrade to the latter if you don’t have any other MR earning credit cards. Your MR points will disappear.
- Move Over Uber + Lyft! Juno Launches NYC With 35% Off – Great review of this new service in NYC. It looks like a better opportunity for drivers and another option for riders. There’s also Via. I don’t use these services much, since I drive (a lot) most of the time.
- How to buy exclusive American Express tickets from Ticketmaster – Another post from Vinh with tips on how to buy event tickets during exclusive Amex sales. This one was for Hamilton, the hottest Broadway show right now.