Here’s a round up of posts, news, deals and other stuff that caught my attention in the last few days. I either don’t have the expertise, or was too lazy to write about them. Or maybe they’re just fun reads and not really travel/credit cards/deals related.
- Stacking Amex Prepaid REDcard savings with Target gift cards and coupons for 5-15% off your regular spending – A detailed guide on how to get 10+% savings at Target and at other retailers through gift cards
- MPX Adds eBay Gift Cards At 2 United Miles – Always nice to see more options for getting discounted eBay gift cards. You get 2 UA miles per dollar on top of your credit card miles/points/cash back.
- How rewards maximizers are teaching their kids about credit – I don’t have any kids but I assume it’s good to teach them early on about all this stuff. A great quote in there; “That’s why I try to teach my kids the concept of opportunity cost. If I buy this very expensive toy, we won’t be able to afford to go to an amusement park”.
- Citi No Longer Honoring Citigold Checking Bonuses – CitiGold was an amazing opportunity to rack up miles. You could get up 50K AA miles or 50K TYP sign up bonus and previously you were even able to fund the account with up to $100K with a credit card if you had that kind of credit limit. Well that stopped a while ago and now they’re denying the sign up bonuses if you weren’t directly targeted for the offer.
- Fight for Your Right to Citigold Checking Account Bonuses – Another post regarding the CitiGold bonuses and what you can do if you didn’t get the bonus. But keep in mind that it is risky to go after big banks if you plan on continuing and expanding your relationship with them with more cards and accounts.
- Up to $9K CC funding for new NRLFCU accounts – The post was aoriginally about a great promo offer for 7% for 7 months, but you can still take advantage of the CC funding. Just do your research and lower your CA limits so you don’t get hit with any CA fees.
- Alaska Airlines Devalues Without Notice Again, Doubling Intra-Asia Cathay Pacific Awards – More devaluations to Alaska Airlines and just like a month ago it happened again without notice. Update: maybe just an error?
- Uber Pissed Off by New App That Compares Uber/Lyft/Taxi Prices – Great new app that compares prices side by side to give you best option. urbanhail is only available in Boston for now but maybe you’ll see it in your city soon, if Uber lets them.
- Have I lost 5 pounds in 2 weeks due to… manufactured spend? – I have to do more research on this…