Amex is offering again a 50K point sign up bonus (right click and open in New Incognito Window) for the Premier Rewards Gold Card. That’s double of the standard offer. This is not the highest offer out there since they’ve had a 75K offer in the past, but it’s still a good one, since the $175 annual fee is waived for the first year.
To get the bonus, you need to make $1,000 on purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months.
The card has a great dded bonus. It offers a $100 airline fee credit per calendar year for incidental fees, such as checked bags, in-flight refreshments, flight-change fees, airport lounge day-passes and more. This means that you can get this benefit twice, without having to pay the annual fee. For me a $100 AA egift card worked to trigger the statement credit. Make sure to pick your airline before making a purchase.
Remember that you can receive a personal card bonus, only once in a lifetime from Amex. If you don’t really need MR points right, now, you might want to wait a bit for that rare 75K offer.
Highlights of this card
- 50K Points Sign Up Bonus after $1,000 spend in first 3 months
- $175 annual fee (waived for 1st year)
- $100 airline fee credit per calendar year
- Earn 3X points for flights booked directly with airlines
- Earn 2X points at US gas stations and US supermarkets
- Earn 1X points on other purchases