A proposed settlement has been reached in a class action lawsuit about the packaging and advertising of Tom’s of Maine products. The plaintiffs in the lawsuit allege Tom’s of Maine mislabeled its Covered Products by describing them as “natural.” Tom’s denies all the plaintiffs’ allegations and is entering into this settlement to avoid burdensome and costly litigation. The settlement is not an admission of wrongdoing.
You are a member of the Class if you purchased at least one Tom’s of Maine Covered Product from March 25, 2009 through September 23, 2015.
The following persons are excluded from the settlement class:
- (i) those who purchased Covered Products for purpose of resale;
- (ii) those with claims for personal injuries arising from the use of Covered Products;
- (iii) Defendant and its officers, directors and employees;
- (iv) any person who files a valid and timely Request for Exclusion; and
- (v) the Judges to whom this Action is assigned and any members of their immediate families.
Covered Products in this Tom’s of Maine class action settlement include:
- Lip Balm
- Body Lotion
- Hand Cream
- Other personal care products
You must return a Claim Form to get a cash payment
- File claim here
- Rebate: Up t o$28
- Proof of Purchase Required: No
- Settlement Pool: $4,500,000
- Deadline: 05/07/16
- Read Settlement Details Here