Bank of America has brought back the $300 Bonus for opening a checking account. This is a targeted promotion offering a $300 personal checking account bonus. The bonus is available to customers who receive a direct communication, but you might be able to qualify even if you weren’t. You can check with a CSR before applying, to get confirmation that yo do qualify.
To receive the $300 bonus, one must open a new Bank of America Core Checking OR Bank of America Interest Checking personal checking account by December 31, 2015 and receive two Qualifying Direct Deposits of $2,000 or more each within 90 days from account opening. The $300 bonus will be deposited within 60 days of meeting the requirements. There’s a limit of one per customer and as usual you’ll receive a 1099, so you’ll have to pay taxes on it.
As I mentioned above, this is a targeted offer but it doesn’t hurt to try it our by printing it and visiting your local Bank of America branch. Ask them if they can honor it, and if they do, make sure to have proof of it, in case they refuse to honor it later on.
- Apply Here (or print)
- Account Type: Core Checking OR Interest Checking
- Availability: To those Targeted nationwide
- Expiration Date: December 31, 2015
- Hard Inquiry: No, just soft pull
- Direct Deposit Requirement: Yes, two qualifying direct deposits of $2,000+
- Monthly Fee: The $10.95 fee with Core Checking is waived with direct deposit, OR $1500 balance, or student under age of 23. To waive the Interest Checking $25 fee, you must have a combined balance of $25K or more.
- Closing Account Fee: No