A Brooklyn-based pizza spot has been named the best in America. The rankings were released Wednesday by TripAdvisor, which used reviews and opinions from online users to determine the most favored restaurants.
The winner is Juliana’s Pizza, located on Old Fulton Street in Brooklyn. It has a 4.5 star rating on Yelp. It is a bit pricey, with the cheapest pizza, a marinara, making a dent of $16. Many of the reviews on TripAdvisor are titled “wow” for this parlor, because it’s just that good. I’ve tried their pizza, just once, and I’d have to agree that it is amazing.
There’s two more NYC spots that made the top 10.
Coming in at No. 4, Keste on Bleecker Street in the West Village of Manhattan. “Best pizza I’ve had outside of Italy” claimed a reviewer on TripAdvisor.
Taking the No. 10 slot is John’s Pizzeria, a few block down, also on Bleecker Street in the West Village.
I have yet to try No. 4 and No. 10 spots, but again there’s so many great pizzerias here in NYC that it is hard to pick a favorite.
Top 10 Pizza Restaurants
- Juliana’s Pizza, New York City, New York
- Pizza Time of St. Augustine, Saint Augustine, Florida
- Moose’s Tooth Pub and Pizzeria, Anchorage, Alaska
- Keste, New York City, New York
- Tony’s Pizza Napoletana, San Francisco, California
- Pizzeria Regina, Boston, Massachusetts
- Antico Pizza Napoletana, Atlanta, Georgia
- Bill’s Pizza, Palm Springs, California
- Frank Pepe Pizzeria Napoletana, New Haven, Connecticut
- John’s Pizzeria – Bleeker St., New York City, New York
But when it came for America’s 10 Best Cities For Pizza, TripAdvisor ranked Chicago as the winner with NYC coming in at second place. I might be a bit biased, but the math doesn’t add up for me.
America’s 10 Best Cities For Pizza
- Chicago, Illinois
- New York City, New York
- New Haven, Connecticut
- Orlando, Florida
- San Francisco, California
- Washington, D.C.
- Las Vegas, Nevada
- San Diego, California
- Phoenix, Arizona
- Miami Beach, Florida