Amazon turn 20 years old today on 7/15/2015. To celebrate its birthday, the company is hosting Prime Day, an online sales event that Amazon claims will surpass Black Friday in the volume of e-commerce on the site. The company is rolling out scores of deep deals all day, and they will be rolled out gradually. If you see something you like, buy it, because they will go fast.
There’s a catch: It’s for Amazon Prime members only. The event could be seen as simply a marketing scheme to drive sales activity and to boost Amazon Prime memberships (which cost $99 a year), but you can’t deny that there’s some great stuff on sale for cheap.
If you’re a Prime member, there are some important details to know. Prime day starts at the stroke of midnight (Pacific Time) on July 15, but you don’t have to hop online at the wee hours to score the good deals. New sales begin throughout the day, as often as every 10 minutes.
If you’re not a Prime member, you can just sign up for a free trial. Just remember to cancel the membership within 30 days to avoid being charged a membership fee, or keep it if you see the value in it.
The best way to keep track is on Amazon’s Prime Day landing page. There, you can see the deals that are currently active, which ones are coming up (along with a countdown timer to when they launch), and which deals you’ve missed. The company will also be tweeting furiously so make sure to follow them and me to keep up with the deals.
If you have a Discover It card you can get 5% back on up to $1500 Amazon purchases this quarter. If you’re enrolled in Double Cash Back then it gets better.
Here’s a few deals and we’ll add more as they are announced. Prime Day sure didn;t live up to its hype so far.
Samsung 50-Inch 4K Ultra HD 3D TV (HU8550 Series) – $999.99 (was $2,899.98) LG Electronics 32LF595B 32-Inch 720p Smart LED TV – $199.99 (was $270.04)
- Get $10 When you buy Amazon.com Gift Cards, Pack of 3 Cards x $15
Money Maker – $25 Sephora Gift Card for $20
- Acer Aspire E 11 ES1-111M-P2YU 11.6-Inch Laptop – $169.99 (was $221.92)
- The Lord of the Rings: The Motion Picture Trilogy – $27.99 (was 79.49)
- Nikon COOLPIX S3600 20.1 MP Digital Camera with 8x Zoom – $69.95 (was $139.95)
- GoPro HERO4 BLACK Prime Bundle – $499 (was $655.44)
- Fire HD 7, 7″ HD Display, Wi-Fi, 8 GB – Includes Special Offers, White – $79.99 (was $139.99)
- Kindle, 6″ Glare-Free Touchscreen Display, Wi-Fi – $49.00 (was $79.00)
- TEKTON 2830 Everybit Tool Kit for Electronics, Phones and Precision Devices, 27-Piece – $9.19 (was $13.71)
- Cuisinart CGS-5014 14-Piece Deluxe Stainless-Steel Grill Set – $22.99 (was $37.98)
- Black & Decker CHV1510 Dustbuster 15.6-Volt Cordless Cyclonic Hand Vacuum – $37.00 (was $69.99)
- Bose SoundTrue Headphones On-Ear Style, Black/White – $79.99 (was $149.95)
iRobot Roomba 595 Pet Vacuum Cleaning Robot, Black – $249.99 (was $379.99) Husqvarna HU775BBC 22-Inch Mower RWD Self-Propelled 175cc – $299.99 (was $499.99)
Let us know if you see anything else worthwhile!