American Express is offering 150,000 Membership Rewards Points on their Business Platinum card. The offer is publicly available, but there’s no online application. You have to call in to receive. It comes with a big spend requirement, $20,000, so make sure you can complete it in 90 days. The card also comes with a hefty annual fee of $450 which isn’t waived the first year.
- Receive 150,000 Membership Rewards points after $20,000 in spending within three months
- Offer available until May 15th 2015
How to receive the offer
- Call 1877-628-6736
- Give the following offer code: L081-994-816-5743
- Note the bonus, spend requirement and get a reference number
- 2x MR points for each dollar of eligible purchases made when you book on the American Express Travel website
- 1x MR points for each dollar you spend on eligible purchases
- Annual $200 Airline Fee Credit (can be received twice while paying only one annual fee)
- Airport Lounge Access Program
- Concierge Service
- No foreign transaction fees
Who can apply?
This is a business credit card so you have to sign up as a business. But you can still apply even if you don’t have an employer identification number (EIN). You can just use your social security number (SSN) if your business is a sole-proprietorship.
You can’t apply if you’ve had this card in the past 12 months. Even if you have set up different businesses with your SSN.
This is a different product from the Business Gold card, so if you have that one, you can still apply for the Platinum card, or vice versa.
How will you spend $20,000?
Spending $20,000 in three months sure is not easy for most people, just by doing their usual grocery shopping, gas purchases and other bills and regular monthly expenses. Let us know how you plan on reaching the 20K goal if you apply for the card.