If you have missed Visa Edge lately, then you should get excited that Ibotta is here. The earnings at Staples might be somewhat limited, but the good thing is that Ibotta is not tied to one credit card, and is available for cashback at many retailers.
Ibotta is very similar to Plink and other services that provide rebates for shopping. You purchase a few items at e participating merchant, take a picture of your receipt, submit it using the Ibotta app and you receive cash back within a few days. Different merchants have different payouts and different requirements to unlock those cashback rewards. Some merchants only offer rebates on certain products.
How it works
- Sign up for Ibotta – it’s quick and free! (That’s my referral link)
- Unlock Rebates. Before you shop online, unlock cash back rewards on great products by completing simple tasks.
- Shop Online. Use the Shop Now button on Ibotta.com to visit your favorite retailer websites and make purchases.
- Get Cash. Submit your proof of purchase within 5 days. Within two weeks the cash is deposited into your account.
Submit a Receipt
- Download the Ibotta app, available on iOS and Android. The app is required to submit a receipt.
- Unlock Rebates. Before you go shopping, unlock cash rewards on great products by completing simple tasks.
- Go shopping and buy the products you’ve unlocked at any supported store
- Verify Your Purchases. Scan your product barcodes, then submit a photo of your receipt.
Using Ibotta at Staples
But lets focus on Staples since this is the place where many of us make tons of purchases every now and then. Staples does not require you purchase a specific product on Ibotta. The Staples offer gives a $5 rebate with a $50 purchase in-store. An amazing 10% back if you’re spending just $50 or 1.25% back on a $400 purchase.
Staples Rebate Details
- Rebate only valid for in-store purchases. To qualify, you must spend at least $50 after discounts.
- Spend a total of $50 at Staples and earn $5.
- The $50 minimum must be met in a single shopping trip.
- No partial credit will be awarded if $50 minimum is not met.
- Rebate NOT valid on gift card purchases.
- Offer excludes all receipts from Staples.com.
- Offer excludes all Gift Card purchases.
- ALL receipts must be submitted within one week of the printed receipt date.
- To receive credit, a submitted receipt must contain the retailer logo, product numbers, product text, total, and transaction number.
- A rebate is limited to one redemption per user.
So it is noted on the terms of the offer that gift card purchases will not earn a rebate. However, this part of the terms is not strictly applied. I tried out the app last night with a receipt from Staples, where I had purchased some $200 Mastercard GC from that recent deal that expired Saturday. By the morning I had my $5 rebate. Milestomemeories reports that it takes a while to repeat the offer, about two weeks, so it will not be a constant money maker, just a nice added bonus to gift card purchases.
You can sign up using my referral link or by using my referral code barvucl. You can also refer your friends and famile and you’ll receive $2 when they redeem their first rebate.
Let us know if you notice any other interesting options, or merchants on Ibotta, and share your experience.