Open a Wells Fargo checking account before April 17th 2015 and you can receive a bonus of $100 when you complete either 10 debit card purchases or set up a qualifying direct deposit of $500 or more. This is a targeted offer, but it is available nationwide and everyone should be able te earn the bonus. But you should still check with a Wells Fargo CSR.
The offer is for new consumer checking customers. All checking accounts are eligible for this offer, except Teen Checking. The bonus requirements must be completed within 60 days. This is a decent offer, but Wells Fargo has had better deals in the past, up to $250 even.
How to avoid fees
- 10 debit card purchases and/or payments each statement cycle OR
- $500 in qualifying direct deposits each statement cycle OR
- Maintain a minimum daily balance of $1,500 OR
- Linked to a Wells Fargo Campus ATM or Campus Debit Card
- Apply Here
- Account Type: All Checking accounts except Teen Checking
- Availability: Nationwide, Targeted (Should be available for everyone, check with CSR)
- Expiration Date: April 17th 2015
- Type of Inquiry: Soft pull
- Direct Deposit Requirement: $500 (optional)
- Credit Card Funding: Up to $5000
- Monthly Fee: $10-$13 but can be waived
- Closing Account Fee: $25 if closed within 180 days