Some people have reported being targeted for a 100K AMEX Business Platinum signup bonus. I have this card already and I wasn’t targeted when I signed up in December 2014. It does have a high spend requirement of $10,000 and a $450 annual fee which can be offset almost entirely. The MR points are credited right after you complete the spend requirement. If you weren’t targeted, you can call and ask for the offer, and I’ll detail the steps below after going over the benefits of the card and the offer details.
100K AMEX Business Platinum Offer Details
- Earn 100,000 Membership Rewards points after you spend $10,000 on eligible purchases within the first 3 months of card membership
- $200 airline fee credit: select a qualifying airline and then receive up to $200 per calendar year in statement credits when incidental fees, such as checked bags and in-flight refreshments, are charged to your Business Platinum card
- Fee credit for Global Entry or TSA Precheck: Receive one Global Entry ($100) statement credit or one TSA Precheck ($85) statement credit
- $450 annual fee (not waived)
With such a hefty $450 annual fee, not waived, the question is always whether the card is worth it. I’d say yes it is. You receive a $200 airline fee credit each calendar year, so I received the credit once in December and again in January which almost offset all of the annual fee. Beyond the first year, it becomes harder to justify the $450 cost though since there are no category spend bonuses.
- Call 1-800-971-6736
- Choose Option 1, to “apply for a new card”
- You’ll be redirected to a CSR
- Say “I’d like to apply for the American Express platinum business card. A few months ago I received an offer but it has since expired, I’m wondering if it’s possible to still get this bonus. I think it was for 100K MR”. If asked for the code, say you do not remember it. I was offered the 100K right away.
- Call again if you do not get the offer on the first try. Remember to always be polite.
There’s been reports of people receiving the offer through the online chat on the AmEx website. But there’s also been reports of people not receiveing the offer at all, either over the phone or by chat.
Make sure you’re eligible
Even if you do receive the targeted offer, make sure you are eligible, otherwise you may complete the minimum spend for no reason. Specifically, for the AMEX Business Platinum, the welcome bonus is not available if you currently have the card or have had this card within the last 12 months.