Doctor of Credit posted this offer from AmEx. Spend $250 at Bloomingdale’s or bloomingdales.com and receive a $50 statement credit.
Bloomingdale’s sells $250 gift cards and they can be resold for around 82% of their value. Additionally, according to FrequentMiler’s Laboratory, ExtraBux will pay out on gift card purchases. They are currently offering 9% for Bloomingdale’s purchases.
This is a targeted offer, I only have it in one of my accounts.
Bloomingdale’s charges a $5 fee for physical gift cards, which will eat into the profitability of this deal. E-gift cards don’t come with a fee, but they’re harder to liquidate. If you have a physical Bloomingdale’s nearby, you could buy the gift card in-store. You could make up to $30 per eligible AmEx card.
- Buy the $250 gift card for $255. Get the Amex credit. Total spent is $205.
- Resell it for $210 (82%). Profit $5.
- Get another $22-$23 back from the portal.
- Get 255 free credit card points.
- If everything goes well, you’ll profit around $30 per registered Amex card.