Chase Sapphire Preferred is offering again 40K bonus points when you sign up for a new card and you spend $4000 on the first three months. That’s $500 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards, but even more valuable when transferred to a travel partner. You can earn an additional 5K points if you add one authorized user to the account and make one purchase on that card within the first three months.
It’s a pretty good card if you travel a lot and definitely check out the perks before signing up. I already have it, and I used this deal last year. The card comes with a $95 annual fee, but it is waived for the first year.
- 40,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 in the first three months from account opening. Those 40,000 points can be redeemed for $500 in travel through Ultimate Rewards, or $400 cash back.
- 5,000 additional bonus points after you add the first authorized user and they make a purchase in the first three months from account opening
- Introductory Annual Fee of $0 the first year, then $95
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases
- No foreign transaction fees
- Up to 10 points per dollar at nearly 300 top online retailers when you access those websites through the Ultimate Rewards Mall portal.
- No caps on reward earnings