Santander Bank is still offering the $20 bonus per month($240 a year) with their extra20 checking account when you have direct deposit of $1,500 or more and do 2 billpays per month. It’s the first bank in the United States that pay customers $20 every month just for banking. To qualify for the $20 monthly bonus, customers must open an extra20 checking and a linked extra20 savings account, make direct deposits of at least $1,500 to their checking account each month and pay two bills or more each month using Santander’s online bill pay service. Customers who direct deposit $1,500 or more but do not pay bills through the online service will receive a $10 monthly bonus. Monthly bonuses will be deposited into customers’ extra20 savings accounts. It’s a soft pull.
Santander Bank $240 Bonus for Checking and Savings
- Sign up Offer
- Account Type: extra20 checking and extra20 savings
- Availability: Deal is nationwide. Branches are in CT, DE, MD, MA, NH, NJ, NY, PA, & RI.
- Expiration Date: none
- Hard Inquiry: No, just soft pull
- Opening Deposit Credit Card Funding: Yes, up to $500
- Direct Deposit Requirement: Yes, $1,500 per month.
- Monthly Fee: The $10 monthly fee can be waived for setting up direct deposit of $1,500 or more. First 2 months is free.
- Additional Requirements: 2 bill pays per month.
- Closing Account Fee: Yes, there is a $25 early account closing fee for cancelling the account within 90 days of opening.